Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day 4....

Another two days gone by without technology. I feel as though the hard part is mostly over. This weekend has gone by pretty fast so far even though I've just been reading most of the time. I've gotten into a pattern of reading for a few hours then cleaning my apartment. Which my roommates have been enjoying because a little bit too much My roommates and I started p90x a few weeks ago and this is the first time I was actually looking forward to do it since it's the only thing I've done this week besides reading and school work.

After these 4 days I've realized I could go without Facebook. When I first started I wasn't really sure but now I don't really miss all the people complaining about their schedules or why no one likes them. I really only liked Facebook for the chat because no matter what even if people weren't answering their phone they would probably be on Facebook. I've only been watching netflix recently so the lack of TV hasn't  bothered me, there's too many commercials anyway. Probably the worst thing for me is no Xbox. It was the easiest way for me to burn some time. Play a few matches of Halo or Call of duty then Boom, it's dinner time.

All of those activities have been replaced. I've started reading the watchmen again, I got half way through it freshmen year but never got around to finishing it. So yesterday I started from the beginning and now I'm about three quarters of the way through and enjoying every page of it. I've also been playing a bunch of risk lately as it is the longest board game ever and it's also pretty fun.



The only crazy thing that happened recently happened when I was waking up. I woke up then fell back asleep then had a dream that I had my phone in my hand and the notification light was going off, then I woke up and was kind of disappointed. I guess having no technology has affected me more than I thought but I've already made it 4 days there's no point in stopping now.

No comments:

Post a Comment