Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 7: 1 Hours to Gooooo!!!!

At last, the end of this challenge is near and what a challenge it was. In the beginning I knew this assignment would be a difficult one but I didn't realize how difficult until these last few days. It wasn't hard finding thing to do  over the last week, I got done all the work I was assigned for this week and managed to read another book on top of feed. I guess this week made me realize how much work I should be doing, wasting time on Facebook and my phone has really taken it's toll. It's not that I didn't do any of the work that was assigned to me but I just tried to complete it as fast as possible. Without all the technological distraction I was able to take my time and produce some quality work.


With all the good that came from having no technology pinging me every five seconds there was also some bad. I  hated being completely out of the loop. Something as simple as where to meet for dinner turns into one of the harder things to do in a day. I love being able to look up information extremely fast, such as: GPS directions, movie times and product availability etc. these are just a few of the things that make us for effective with our time. If I can figure something out in advance then it would give me more free time to do other things (It would probably just be consumed by Facebook though).

This has been one hell of an assignment. Going without technology for a week has proved  been an entertaining task and one that I will not soon forget. Although this week technological abandonment has let me see the amount  of wasted time on my phone and Facebook, I still can't wait to get back on my phone and text until my thumbs fall off.



No comments:

Post a Comment